||Car Transport (main) : Car Transport Tips
Car transport tips & hints
Preparing your car for safe transportation is quick and easy. Use our handy hints to ensure your car enjoys a safe freight.
Your car condition prior to transport
- Thoroughly wash your car so a reliable condition assessment can be made prior to freight.
- Be present at the condition assessment or authorise someone else to be there on your behalf.
- List any existing mechanical issues and provide this to your freighter.
- Take photos of your car’s physical condition, including any defects.
Preparing your car mechanically
- Ensure steering, brakes and other core operations are fully functional for loading and unloading.
- Lower or remove all permanent and temporary antennae.
- Remove any temporary luggage, bike or ski racks.
Practical car transport suggestions
- Provide a full set of car keys to your freighter.
- Remove all personal and loose items from the car.
- Disable your car alarm.
- Have a ¼ tank of fuel in the car as this saves a lot of weight.
Location and contact details
- Ensure your pick-up and drop-off locations are accessible for transportation.
- Be on time for the scheduled pick-up and drop-off.
- Be sure to provide your phone details in case the freighter needs to contact you while your car is in transit
- Ensure you get contact details for your freighter so you can track your vehicle’s progress
For more, see our car transport FAQ, car transport Checklist and car transport Articles. Or simply start comparing quotes.
Click here for quotes from service providersClick here for quotes from service providers