||Pet transport (main) : Pet transport Tips
Pet Transport Tips & Hints
Preparing to move your pet is quick and easy. Use our handy hints to ensure your pet enjoys a safe, relaxing trip:
- Consider a specialist pet transport company so your pet’s travel is handled by experts.
- Ask your pet transporter about quarantine when moving your pet interstate or overseas.
- Check out our How To Guide for the preparation you’ll should do ahead of time.
- Have a full vet check done and ensure vaccinations, flea and worm treatments are current.
- Ensure your pet wears a collar and a ID tag with your name, address and phone number.
- Maintain your pet’s normal routine right up to travel day.
- Get your pet used to its travel capsule before transport, so the space becomes familiar.
- Place some familiar toys or a blanket in your pet capsule.
- Place some of your clothing in pet capsule. Your familiar scent will help calm your pet.
- Do not place food, leads or choker chains in your pet capsule.
- Tell your pet transporter if your pet has any health issues or special food requirements.
- Keep your pet in a safe, quiet place on travel day to avoid last minute escapes!
- Don’t feed your pet a meal on the day of travel. Water and a treat are fine.
- Avoid new or ‘special’ treats for your pet as comfort food. These can cause nausea or diarrhoea.
- Keep things familiar. Stay calm throughout the process. Pets pick up on stress and if you are frazzled, it makes them anxious too.
- Exercise your pet before its trip.
- Have a recent photo of your pet to help with identification in the unlikely event that your pet becomes lost.